The thrilling race action of the 2000 German Touring Car Masters (DTM) captivated motorsports fans across Europe. In this first year of the new DTM, a total of nineteen machines were entered: eight cars from four Mercedes-Benz teams, eight cars from four Opel Astra teams, and three Audi TT-R's. Although the outward appearance of the cars remained faithful to their production counterparts, the "guts" were purely for racing. The tires, 6-speed sequential transmission, differential gearing, brakes, and rear wing were made compatible to keep costs down and reduce the performance gap between cars, thus paving the way for highly competitive racing. One of the most promising machines to be entered in the DTM was the HWA tuned Mercedes Benz CLK, which underwent vigorous testing and was soon regarded as a favorite for victory. This car was equipped with reliable rear wheel drive and powered by a 450hp outputting 4000cc V8 engine. Warsteiner's car featured the logo of Warsteiner, the famous German beer maker, over a sleek black body. Veteran driver Klaus Ludwig and rookie Marcel Fassler were chosen to take the wheel of this finely tuned car. Ludwig took a double victory in Sachsenring, heat 7 and 8 and Fassler took second place in both heats at Hockenheim, and again in Nurburgring. Bernd Schneider of the D2 Mercedes team took the overall championship for the season. The Warsteiner AMG Mercedes team achieved an impressive third place finish in the Manufacturers' Rankings.
- Scale: 1/24, overall length: 194mm, overall width: 81mm.
- Large bumper spoiler, overfender and other parts of the powerful exterior have been recreated with exquisite detailing.
- Hood is removable allowing observation of the V8 engine and push-rod front suspension even after completion of model.
- The sturdy roll-cage lining the cockpit and cooling ducts replicated with close attention to detail.
- All sponsor markings have been recreated with decals.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.